Our client is a pioneer, leading the way in design, manufacturing and innovation in their category of product which they supply into a range of industrial end markets, serving a truly global Blue Chip customer base on all major continents. Having grown consistently 30-40% YOY for the past decade, they are now looking for a Commercial Director.
As Commercial Director and member of the group board, the incumbent will assume accountability for the performance of sales globally, comprising 15 international subsidiaries as well as the UK business, with a headcount of circa 200, predominantly comprising internal and external sales.
- In conjunction with the Owners, create a 3-5 year vision the business, incorporating revenue targets, key milestones and objectives, with a clear understanding of how it’s going to be achieved
- Build a cohesive growth strategy and commercial roadmap, balancing existing customer development with new business generation.
- Drive a collaborative culture across the international MD community to ensure multinational customers aren’t limited to single territories
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a hugely ambitious organisation in a role that affords excellent career prospects longer term.
You must be able to demonstrate
Who we’re looking for:
- We are looking for a dynamic, ideas-orientated individual with extensive experience running the commercial functions of an international B2B business.
- Relevant industry experience includes the supply of products into manufacturing, distribution, warehousing or similar industrial environments.
- The individual will need the leadership experience and gravitas to engage and develop the Country MD’s while coordinating and driving a cohesive, customer-centric growth strategy for the business.
- A desire to work cross-functionally and ideally prior experience working closely with manufacturing and NPD functions to best represent the product applications and technology with customers.
- Experience dealing directly with the end user.
- Proximity to and/or time with colleagues in the Head Office in Yorkshire will be key, as will the ability to travel internationally as required.