The CEO and CMO of this global multinational CPG business are leading a significant transformation towards consumer centricity. Long term brand building and innovation that meet consumer needs is one of the organisation’s key strategic priorities and improving the insight structure and capability underpins much of the roadmap for success. A new insight organisation has been defined and designed to mirror a new marketing structure and, in turn, provide the best possible research, insight and intelligence to the business.
Reporting into the Director of Global Research, Insight and Analytics, the Global CMI Director will be tasked with building the CMI capability at a global level, improving consumer understanding and complimenting the existing strength in market and channel insight. In doing so, you and your team will help to create a global Insight function that places consumer preferences and demands at the centre of commercial decision making to gain competitive advantage.
As such, you will
1. Lead the development of all insight best-practices and standards for the Global Insight function, championing robust, high-quality and independent insights that challenge thinking across the business
2. Oversee the interface between actionable insight and key business processes, effectively driving decision-making
3. Provide the voice and conscience of the consumer at Board level, working directly with the CMO on key strategic priorities
4. Lead a global team of CMI experts in their guidance of and interaction with brand and commercial teams around the world
You must be able to demonstrate
Essential skills and competence:
- Experience leading a multi-market FMCG consumer insight function
- Demonstrable success of transforming insight capability through added value, automation and systemisation
- Knowledge of a broad range of insight and foresight techniques and capable of drawing together multiple source of quantitative and qualitative research
- Highly collaborative, with an unflinching focus on improving working practices and co-ordination across multiple teams
- Ability to guide C-suite thinking and experience of working director with a CMO
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, to win the hearts and minds of the extended multidisciplinary team, as well as end-users of insights across the business
- Constantly thinking about how to innovate and challenge the status quo to meet the needs of tomorrow