Reporting to the Global Category Director, it will be your responsibility to define the consumer proposition and brand strategy. In partnership with global insight & digital teams you will develop a deep understanding of consumer behaviours and translate these into brand building guidelines and initiatives that will be adapted and rolled out through local teams in developed markets around the world.
As part of a lean Global team, you will work with both internal and external stakeholders to develop consumer connection programmes that will lead to the acceleration of brand awareness across all channels, existing and new. Whilst creativity is at the heart of this role, there will be a strong focus on digital platforms, communities, education and user experience. You and your team will be brand guardians, defining the Masterbrand, toolkits and playbooks that will be both impactful and adaptable in every market.
- Responsibility for brand equity and health across all territories globally (particular focus on USA, Western Europe, the Middle East & Japan)
- Lead the collaboration with markets to ensure all brand and communications programmes are built with their input and executed in-line with global guidelines.
- Ensuring that insights inform our brand and product choices; Insights & Intelligence team will be a key sparring partner for the role holder and the Brand team.
- In partnership with the Global Category Director, ensure that products deliver against the expected / desired consumer experience and align with brand guidelines
- Responsible for brand positioning, campaign, brand identity and Tone of Voice
- Digital foundations: brand positioning, TOV, brand guardian, campaign; and the CX strategy build
- Articulate strategies (equity, com, CX) and deliver playbook to market, and brief the digital technical teams accordingly
- Drive the central agencies to ensure world class creativity throughout the different touch points (TTL approach) and that we are getting maximum ROI
You must be able to demonstrate
Skills and Experience
- A proven FMCG / CPG marketing expert with experience of operating at global or regional level (experience of US market a real advantage)
- Experience in developing challenger brand positioning and delivering significant growth
- Ability to work at pace in a fast-moving environment, ideally with experience of a new or under-developed category
- Strong digital communications experience and an accomplished agency manager
- First class brand builder with consumer/insight centric approach
- Ability to influence at all levels and across multiple geographies
- Create and articulate powerful brand narratives that inspire colleagues and engage and influence target audiences
- Project management experience gained in a complex, matrix organizational structure – both as a project lead and project member
- Strong interpersonal communication, engagement and influencing skills
- Entrepreneurial ‘can-do’ attitude & ‘sleeves rolled up’ mentality
- Resilient to change and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to build, develop and lead a team across different cultures
- Ability to make decisions based on data and insights as well as professional instinct
- Demonstrable track record to driving cross-functional collaboration and engagement
- A highly driven leader with a hands-on style who can engage ‘bench to board’
- A restless agitator for change, delivery and challenge the status quo
Interested applicants should apply below or email email@example.com with an up to date CV, package details and Ref: RH29321 in the subject line.Apply for this role