bpesearch has been retained by a market-leading international manufacturer of building products to appoint a Head of Project Engineering for their UK operation.
Reporting to the UK Operations Director, the incumbent will assume strategic accountability for the business’s ongoing capital programme across their two manufacturing plants in the UK, with a total spend of circa £30m over the next 4 years. Additional activities will include:
- Shaping projects from scratch and provide strategic direction to the factory-based teams
- Developing the project baseline scope, budget and schedule.
- Establishing a central project team, taking an active role in defining decision-making structure and ensuring high decision quality along the project.
- Regularly measure and monitor project progress to identify variances from baseline and define required recovery plans
- Report progress to the steering committee and other key stakeholders
- Adopt a proactive risk management strategy, timely communicating technical and commercial issues and defining effective corrective measures.
- Manage strategic suppliers and take full responsibility for effective contract management.
- Contribute to value events and value engineering activities to manage the capex development in line with the overall business plan
- Take an active role in the company’s growth strategy.
You must be able to demonstrate
- An established Project Engineering professional with a proven track record delivering high-value capital projects within an industrial manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels.
- In projects, you can create coherent project plans, manage project risks, ensure stakeholder involvement and provide clear progress reporting
- A strong understanding of process engineering and the ability to work closely with site-based engineering teams during the install and commissioning phase to ensure optimised process flow and efficiency.
For the right person, this is a great opportunity to join an established business in its ascendency with excellent positioning in the UK market. As the role evolves, there is a very real prospect of career development through succession planning to a board-level appointment.Apply for this role