A multi-billion dollar personal care group focused on wellness and innovation that improves the lives of millions of customers around the world, every day. Our client has become a category leader or top 3 player in most market they serve through the development of high quality, highly recommended products alongside an obsession for partnership with their retail customers. Culturally, they’re an authentic, low ego, high collaboration organisation underpinned by ambition and a continuous improvement mentality.
As category leader in the UK, the key job challenge is to maintain this position whilst creating category growth to achieve long term internal goals.
The role’s main purpose is to deliver financial performance through the design and flawless execution of a unique set of strategies for the business. The major focus is on sales (both field sales and key accounts) and marketing, business development, planning and forecasting as well as organisation development and the provision of exceptional customer service. As part of development of long-range business growth initiatives, this may involve evaluating the viability of outside business partners, alliances and joint ventures
The Regional MD will be expected to lead the organisation toward the achievement of aggressive sales targets and market share/ category growth, as well as achieving profit, cash flow and expense targets. In doing so, the role will be required to have proven and demonstrated skills in building a culture of high performance, has proven ability to maximise assigned commercial resources, and to have seamless collaboration within the EMEA team and / or with external parties.
This role is a key member of the European Leadership Team (ELT), and is expected to bring key geographic perspectives and participate in the formulation of regional strategies, ensuring that it is implemented in his / her own country.
In addition to the UK remit, the GM of the Nordics cluster will also report into this position.
You must be able to demonstrate
- Career background to be bias towards sales / commercial functions before moving to Commercial Director, Country Manager or General Manager level
- Must have led sales teams with a focus on multi-site retailers
- Structured training & development from a blue chip FMCG or Consumer Goods company preferred
- Experience of working in a regulated industry or healthcare arena advantageous, but not essential
- Experience of working in a global organisation with multiple stakeholders in numerous geographies
- Interest and potential to progress to larger overseas market or regional SVP role
Knowledge, skills and approach
- Inspirational leader of teams with proven ability to engage stakeholders throughout the organisation to deliver high performance
- Significant experience of customer management and sales team leadership across multiple accounts and channels
- Successful experience in managing a P&L, delivering against market share and revenue growth targets
- Proven commercial strategist with the ability to translate this into operational delivery via large sales and marketing teams
- Performance and results orientation with a proven track record of establishing clear expectations, setting objectives and bringing multiple parties together to drive key initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills and high business and financial acumen
- Track-record of attract, developing and retaining exceptional talent
- A focused and decisive individual who is willing to act based on limited information available and will not be fearful of making a decision in a new and unknown situation.
- Comfortable with a degree of ambiguity / change in a maturing organisation that is evolving each year
Interested candidates should apply below.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to everyone individually. If you have not heard back from us within 7 days, please assume that we will not be progressing your application on this occasion.Apply for this role