Our client is currently going through one of their most exciting evolutions, so this is certainly the time to be joining! Privately owned, operating in over 150 countries and employing c20,000 people, they are acquisitive as well as the custodians of some famous brands.
In other words, they’re very much “on the up”. The UK business is run as a standalone P&L, whilst benefitting from the strength and support of the wider group. The UK has seen impressive and sustained growth in the last few years to more than £100m, with an ambition to achieve revenue upward of £150m by the end of 2025 and doubling share of the category.
Best of all, with the current momentum, a great team in place and benefitting from a highly regarded brand portfolio, the stage is set for this thriving, mid-scale organisation to go to the next level. The only missing ingredient might be you!
Reporting to the UK Managing Director, the Sales Director will have full P&L accountability and leadership for the UK sales organisation, including a team of c20 plus a 3rd party sales force.
The scope will incorporate all key channels and customer groups, including the multiple grocers, High St & Convenience, Route to Market and Discounters
You must be able to demonstrate
- A successful track record with a highly regarded branded consumer business in the UK FMCG sector
- Experience of managing at least one of the main multiple grocers in some capacity, with a sound knowledge of their inner workings in order to navigate their way of operating
- Prior leadership and management of a team that has met or exceeded commercial targets, taking corrective action where appropriate
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills, enabling you to take others with you on the journey
- A growth mindset, constantly striving for the best outcome for the business through bringing a best-in-class approach to customer management
- The ability to play a holistic role in the SLT, through driving the sales agenda, ensuring that it is aligned to the overall objectives and values of the organisation