Our client, a category-leading food manufacturer with a truly iconic brand, is looking to appoint a Technical & Sustainability Director; a business-critical appointment tied to their ambitious growth agenda.
As part of the Executive and reporting to the CEO, the Technical & Sustainability Director will assume strategic accountability for all Technical activity, encompassing Quality, Hygiene, Food Safety, Compliance, Product Technology as well as Supplier and Customer Auditing.
In conjunction, they will also drive the agenda for ESG & Sustainability. Initially contributing to the creation of the vision and roadmap, the incumbent will then strategically lead the program of activity; working cross-functionally to ensure key objectives are met while representing the business with external stakeholder as required.
You must be able to demonstrate
- A proven track record operating at a senior, strategic level within a Technical leadership role in food manufacturing
- Extensive knowledge of food technology covering a variety of product categories and processes
- Chilled product experience strongly desirable
- Experience dealing with the major grocery retailers
- Ideally multi-site business experience and exposure to international supply chains and markets.
- Excellent communicator, culturally aware and strong at inspiring and building teams, directly and indirectly
- A socially conscious professional with a genuine passion for leading a Sustainability and ESG agenda for the organisation.
- A professional who balances inspirational leadership with a scientific and analytical mindset.
- The ability to think strategically and set robust agendas is crucial.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a naturally collaborative and cross-functional approach and the ability to influence others outside of their direct departments.
- An individual unfazed by working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and demanding environment.
- Decisive, action-orientated and faces into difficult decisions when required. A versatile individual that adapts their style and approach to get the desired outcome
Interested candidates should apply below or email Michaelthomas@bpesearch.com attaching their CV and quoting MT30338 in the subject line.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to everyone individually. If you have not heard back from us within 7 days, please assume that we will not be progressing your application on this occasion.Apply for this role